How do I structure play to support language learning?25th April 2017
What games work well in the language learning class?23rd May 2017
Next course: Wednesday 27th September 2017
St Mark’s Primary School, Mitcham, Surrey
This 1-day course provides targeted online and offline EAL learning for 6-14 year old English language learners in schools where English is the language of instruction.
- Have you ever had training in planning for EAL learners?
- Do you have a systematic way to assess your EAL Learners?
- Do you know exactly what your EAL learners need?
- Do you help your learners to be better language learners?
- Can you provide more support for transitioning learners into the mainstream?
This 1-day course trains School Leaders, Class Teachers, EAL Teachers or Teaching Assistants to provide effective EAL support for EAL learners in their school.
The course guides you through assessment, planning and the delivering of finely tuned, time-limited EAL lessons for new arrivals and intermediate learners with gaps in their understanding of vocabulary and grammar structures.
- Survival language for the first few days
- Assessing children with EAL
- Using a second language writing system
- Effective teaching and learning for children with EAL
- Planning and using survival language intervention
- Using effective language learning strategies
- Learning about resources for supporting EAL teachers